Updated: Aug 10, 2020
Feeling the pressure? Shungite kicks its ass. Probably because it was born of it.
This black, lustruous rock purifies, detoxifies, and protects. So, go get some soon during your next trip to your favorite rock shop!
This amazing carbon-based stone hails from the Shunga region of Karelia, North West Russia, hence the name. It contains trace elements of fullerenes, carbon molecules that fascinate scientists because of their unique anti-oxidant abilities to help us fight cell aging. It is used in Russia to purify water and to ease the stress of electomagnetic pollution, they even make rooms lined to chill and purify with this stuff!
Shungite has the ability to clean water from almost of all organic compounds (including pesticides), metals, bacteria and harmful microorganisms. Water from Lake Onega in Russia, can be used for drinking without any prior cleaning! It is the result of thousands of years of interaction with Shungite.
Grandmother Shungite is an ancient stone, believed to be almost 2 billion years old. Shungite originated when there were no life forms on earth, deep within the earths crust. It is one of the oldest rock devas, and is 97% carbon, much like us. It teaches us to be ourselves, to come back to our basic nature. It draws out and protects you from what does not resonate with you.
This abuelita is a must-have for today's technology crazy world. Here are 11 ways to use your shungite to your best advantage:
1. Grid your modem. Create some kind of grid, a pyramid, a circle or a rectangle around your modem to protect everyone in your house from EMF pollution. Shungite and black tourmaline are some of the best stones in crystal therapy to counteract that crazy ungrounded feeling you get from Facebook, Netflix or screen overuse.
2. Plop it in your water. Get the food-grade rough kind. Watch your skin glow a couple of weeks later. This is gem elixir, Russian style. Know that there will be some black residue in your water due to the carbon structure of this stone. It's like the best organic filter.
3. Meditate with it. And quickly get to the heart of the matter. Shungite has a powerful resonance of truth. It is very close to our own nature, yet it is orderly and has a naturally high vibration. Use it when you want to know the truth.
4. Sleep with it. Got insomnia? This stone soothes your worries away. Yeah, really, it's like a vacuum cleaner for bad juju vibes. It soothes insomnia, stress, tension and anxiety. Put it under your pillow and ciao bacalao, they're gone!
5. Bathe with it. Shungite works to cleanse and align all of your particles in order so that you can take in more light. Let it work on your poor, tired, overworked muscles. Te lo mereces.
6. Put it in your pocket. This abuelita boosts your overall energy level. Los rusos swear by it, so get it to work on you 24/7. Yoga pant pockets rock for this.
7. Place it over the hurt. Got a boo-boo? Most of our pain is mental. Shungite is an etheric vacuum cleaner that always points to your organic nature on all levels. Placing it where it hurts gives the cells the right way to vibrate with the planet.
9. Give your problems to it. Write down your current problematic obsession. Fold it like origami, then place your favorite shungite deva on it overnight. Ask this shamanic rock espíritu to help you resolve this. Ask it to send you clear messages about what to do about it upon awakening. And it is so.
10. Use it for protection. Feeling vulnerable at work? Grid your desk with shungite! Put a clear quartz in the middle to be your programming station and voilá, you'll feel the difference. It's like the Siamese of rocks, it responds and has a unique relationship of protection with its owner, probably because of its carbon-based organic nature. It was once alive.
11. Rub it to concentrate. Shungite brings out the highest vibration within you, so it is also a great stone for focusing while at work. Es perfecta for project managers, A-type personalities, technical writers, graphic designers, programmers that have dipped their bodies in technology for far too long.
So, go get your shungite. ¡Me cuentas!
Want more Crystal Guidance? Contact Brenda Soulfire La Crystal Whisperer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 787.365.3792. Bendiciones de luz.